While Ive stopped writing them down, stopped adding to my vocabulary so significantly, upon occasion I will note down ones that spark my interest, especially since I want to create a range of synonyms in my book.
So today, I'm sharing a few words I've come across lately:
- hermetic- isolated
- fiat- an authoritative decree, sanction, or order:
- malodorous- having an unpleasant or offensive odor
- taciturn-inclined to silence; reserved in speech; reluctant to join in conversation
- .flagitious- shamefully wicked, as persons, actions, or times.
- anachronism- an error in chronology in which a person, object, event, etc., is assigned a date or period other than the correct one
- cupidity- greed
- titillation- to tickle
- industry- energetic, devoted activity at any work or task; diligence
- verisimilitude- appearance or semblance of truth or reality; quality of seeming true
- expletive- swear word; word with no meaning
- pedagogy- the art or science of teaching; education; instructional methods.
- torpid- inactive or sluggish.
- assiduous-constant in application or effort; working diligently at a task; persevering;
- industrious; attentive
- misogyny- hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.
- eschew- to shun or avoid
- deleterious-injurious to health:
- apostasy- a total desertion of or departure from one's religion, principles, party, cause, etc.
Now try to put all of those in a sentence :)
- Link up any post that fits into the awesome, recent, and wholesome categories to this week’s linky.
- Please place the linky button on your sidebar or otherwise link it where I can find it.
- Spend a moment to comment on a post or two and subscribe so you can come back next week!