Still, you will never get closer to God unless you are intentional about it. I think that that is a very important point to remember.
Sometimes we try to do it all, countless activities that by themselves are just fine.... yet together they can really damage our walk with God. We devote time and energy to these innocent things, but in the end, less goes to God.
Here are some I was able to think of:
- School Band (band, orchestra, symphony, symphonete, bell choir, jazz band, steel band, pep band, etc)
- District Band, Chorus, or Orchestra
- Voice Lessons
- Going to see movies.
- Netflix or Youtube.
- Watching Toutube.
- Making videos.
- Sports! both practice and games
- Drama (plays, musicals)
- Studying for the SAT’s, or final exams.
- Being president of a club or two
- Video games/ games on your phone
- Posting on social media
- Crocheting, arting, sewing
- Reviewing like three books a week on their blog
- A relationship
- Makeup, hair, nails
- Shopping for new clothes
- Getting good grades
- Looking completely rested.
Of course this list focuses more for high schoolers and there are tons more for adults
- managing finances
- driving through traffic for commutes
- cooking meals 21+ times a week
See what I mean? With all the commitments, its easy to forget about God.
Comment below: How can you simplify your week to spend more time with God?