- 16 inch x 19 inch spandex fabric
- 3 inch x 11 inch spandex fabric
- 6 inches of elastic
- 2 or 3 paperclips
- safety pin
- sewing machine, thread, etc.
- Fold the smaller piece so that its 1.5 x 11 and sew the edge parallel to the fold
- Use a safety pin to turn it inside out. The seam should be on the inside.
- Then use the safety pin again to thread the elastic through the smaller piece.
4. Fold the larger piece in ~1 inch folds like an accordian. Paperclip the sides of the folds. On one side, tuck the elastic between the fabric and the paper clip.
5. Once the elastic and fabric is secure, sew that side well. Be sure the stitches have gone through every layer. NOTE: You dont want the fabric of the smaller piece to be sewn, only the edge of the elastic.
6. Attach the elastic to the other side. Make sure that it is not twisted and again, only sew the accordian folds and elastic.
7. Pull the smaller piece of fabric over the elastic. Tuck the edge under and sew.
It will stay secured with a few small hair clips a few inches behind the hairline