2. If horrific is akin to horrible, why isn’t terrific akin to terrible?
3. Why isn’t 11 pronounced onety one?
4. Do Roman paramedics refer to IV’s as “4′s”?
5. Why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?
6. Why are there locks on the door of stores that are open 24/7 365 days a year?
7. Why are there braille dots on a drive-through ATM keypad?
8. Why does a ship carry cargo, and a car carry shipments?
9. If you got in a cab and the driver drove backwards would he end up owing you money?
10. Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
11. If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
12. If you’re in France and you order toast, do you get toast or French toast?
13. Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
14. Is there another word for synonym?
15. If a cow laughs, does milk come out it’s nose?
16. Who was the idiot that decided to put an “s” in the word lisp?
17. Why is the word for “a fear of long words” so long? (Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia)
19. If you try to fail, and you fail, have you succeeded or failed?
20. Why are boxing rings square?
21. Why do people order a super-sized Big Mac™ meal with a Diet Coke/salad?
22. Why do people have worthless junk in the garage and leave their expensive car in the driveway?
23. Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?
24. When it rains, why don’t sheep shrink?
25. Why is abbreviation such a long word?
26. Why do they call it a building? It looks like they are finished Why isn’t it a built?
27. If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
28. How do you know when its time to tune your bagpipes?
29. How is it that a building burns up as it burns down?
30. What was the best thing before sliced bread?
31. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
32. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?
33. In a country of free speech, why are there phone bills?
34. How come there aren’t B batteries?
35. How do “Do not walk on the grass” signs get there?
36. Is a metaphor like a simile?
37. Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?
38. How do you throw away a garbage can?
39. How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the morning?
40. If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?
41. What happened to the first 6 “ups”?
42. If hunting season means you can kill animals, and fishing season means you can catch fish, what is the tourist season?
43. If a rabbit’s foot was actually lucky, wouldn’t it still be attached to the rabbit’s leg?
44. Why do you put suits in a garment bag and garments in a suitcase?
45. Why does an alarm clock said to go “off” when it actually turns on?
46. Why does pizza come in a square box?
47. Why are feet smelly and noses runny?
48. If you sued a parsley farmer could you garnish his wages?
49. Who closes the door when the bus driver gets off?
50. How come we choose from just two people for president and 50 for Miss America?
51. Why does the word monosyllabic have five syllables?
52. If you removed a fly’s wings, would it be called a walk?
53. Why do you have to click Start to stop your computer?
54. Where in the nursery rhyme does it say Humpty Dumpty is an egg?
55. Why are apartments together?
56. If a person owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way down to the center of the earth?
57. Why do toasters always have a setting on them which burns your toast to a horrible crisp no one would eat?
59. If corn oil is made from corn and vegetable oil is made from vegetables. What is baby oil made from?
60. Why is it that when someone tells you that there's billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you there's wet paint somewhere you have to touch it?