1. The above model is 8.5 by 25 and I really like it. I am thinking that I want the length to be somewhere between 20 and 26.
2. I want a shed roof.
3. I do not want a metal roof
4. I want the water heater, propane, and electric to be in a closet behind the shower and accessible from the outside.
5. I want the door on the long side of the house
6. I do not want any sort of porch.
7. I want to be able to sit up in the lofts.
8. I want to use furniture as walls as walls are heavy. For example, cabinets can hang from the back of the stairs and the bookshelf by the front door (floor to ceiling) helps close off the living room area. It would be sure cool if you could also lean on this piece.
9. I want lots of windows.
10. I want a lot of storage.
11. I want the door to open outside (but I know its a controversial idea and I would definitely be fine with a opens-in door if it was cheaper, haha)
12. I want the bedroom to fit a queen sized mattress which will sit on the floor of the loft.
13. Along one wall and the foot of the bed is floor to ceiling cubbies or shelves. I would also be open to a section of one of these being a small closet for dresses and other items that are better off hung. These also help close off the room for privacy.
14. Leading to the main loft is a set of stairs with a small fridge and freezer unit underneath them. There is other cubby space as well however, obviously a fridge and freezer will take up the largest part.
15. I want a fold down desk in the other loft which can provide a partial "wall" there as well to use it as a bedroom.
16. I want the "chair" their to be a twin sized mattress on the floor of the loft
17. Leading to the office is a small ladder permanently on the side of the house. In the image above this is the white rectangle that seems to be floating. Note that I didnt mean to close off the area completely.
18. All chairs in the house are mattresses. There are no couches as the sides and back are "wasted space" and no chairs-with-legs as those also waste space.
19. The seating is chests for storage with a mattress or cushion on top. It is shaped in an L, going the 8 feet of the width of the house and maybe 6 feet at the widest in the other direction.
20. The table can be converted from a coffee table to a taller dining table.
21. In addition to the shelf in the doorway, on the other side of the door, there is an another bookshelf or closet. This isnt nessessary however, I wanted lots and lots of storage. I could see this being used for a pantry, appliance storage, library, litter box, etc.
22. I want a compost toilet.
23. I want a square shower and no bathtub.
24. I want a pocket door on the bathroom
25. I want no washer or dryer.
26. I do not want a sink in the bathroom (its not that gross, the sink is right in front of the bathroom door!)
27. I want a lot of counter space! In the above image, the kitchen is 9 feet long from stove to the stairs
28. I want the 3 walls of the kitchen to be lined in cabinets. They are not shown because they were cluttering up the area.
29. I want a propane stove with 4 burners and a oven. this should be small.
30. I want the freezer and fridge to be small as well.
My floor plans were made at http://urbanbarn.icovia.com/ which is a phenomenal tool.