Brand: Wise Owl Outfitters
Compare to: ENO DoubleNest at $70
Weight: 26 oz (without straps, I think)
Colors: I got black and gray but there are a lot of options on Amazon
*VERY COMFORTABLE and extra soft (as soft as ENO - and yes we checked)
*SUPER STRONG parachute nylon fabric (210T Nylon - same material skydivers use!).
*EXTRA SAFE because it has triple interlocking stitching so you won't fall through
*HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED to set it up and start relaxing in it now (Set of nautical ropes and 2 heavy duty steel carabiners included)
*NO HASSLE TO HANG your hammock because you don't need a single tool!
Why you should purchase a Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock:
*We are a family owned and operated business that loves what we do.
*We are people just like you! We actually spend time in and are passionate about the outdoors. We love going to national parks and traveling every chance we get.
*Being gear junkies ourselves we put a lot of thought and care into the design and functionality of our products to make sure they are of the highest quality. We believe that our hammocks are just as good as any major hammock brand out there.
*We have a 100% Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase just contact us and we will give you a refund or replace it no questions asked.
*We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service you can find. You can contact us for any reason, even if you just want to talk about the outdoors. We are always available and will make sure you get 5-star customer service every time!
Nothing makes us happier than seeing someone using our products. If we can make your day a little better and your world a little brighter by giving you a reason to get outside and experience our beautiful planet, then we have done our job. We can't wait to hear how you're enjoying your hammock. We hope you give our products a try and don't forget to go on an adventure every chance you get!
- UNLIKE OTHER HAMMOCKS ours are made of high quality 210T parachute nylon (the same kind skydivers use!) This extra soft yet strong material gives you the most comfortable and relaxing experience ever.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - So you don’t have to wonder if you are risking your hard-earned money. If you don’t love it just let us know. We take great pride in taking care of our customers. Don’t take our word for it… just look at our reviews.
- WE WON'T EMPTY YOUR WALLET! We love the outdoors just like you and we know that the cost of gear can really add up, therefore, we offer the same quality products as other well-known brands for a much more affordable price. Trust us, our gear is just as good!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT - So you can take them anywhere. The DoubleOwl (2 people) is 10ft long by 6 1/2 ft wide, weighs only 26 oz. and is about the size of an eggplant. Want a smaller one? Check out our SingleOwl (1 person) that is 9ft long by 4 1/2 ft wide, weighs 16 oz. and packs down to about the size of a grapefruit.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED - These hammocks comes with carabiners attached to each end and two ropes to hang it up. If you don't know how to tie knots, not to worry because we will send you an email with instructions after your purchase. Hang it on trees, poles or anything else sturdy. It's perfect for travel, camping, hiking, the beach, the park, your patio or anywhere else for that matter.
Here are more images from Amazon:
Wow! This is the first hammock that I have ever had and its very nice. I'm sure that there are lighter and more waterproof options out there but this one is just fine to get started, espectially if you are going to use it mainly at home (like me) or a permanent camp site.
I actually purchased this myself and when I was doing research, first found the Eagles Nest Outfitters version which is very very similar but 2x as much! It was crazy!
I also would recommend buying the "double nest" as opposed to the "single nest" because there is absolutely no way to fall out of a double nest and the extra fabric just makes it more comfortable in general. I heard that sleeping pads can fall out easier in the single and that people with broader shoulders find it squeezes them too much.
In other words, a double nest is not just for a heavier person or two people. 1 hammock = 1 person although if you really needed to, yes you could probably fit two head-to-toe.
Most people who sleep in hammocks choose to sleep diagonally as it gets rid of the horrid tight piece down the center that can be a little annoying (characteristic of all hammocks, not just this one) and lying diagonally creates a flat lay without said awkwardness.
I also find that the hammock dries fairly quickly.
The straps that come with it are a bit bulky but they work fine. Supposedly its better on trees to use straps than straight whoopie sling but to each their own.
The only reason I would go with a single is if you have a smaller tarp and want the whole hammock to be covered... or if you were thru hiking the AT and wanted to cut a few ounces.
Special offers on Amazon:
- BUNDLE OFFER - Just add a SingleOwl or DoubleOwl Hammock, Talon Hammock Straps & A Towel to Your Cart & Enter Code OWLBUNDL at Checkout Enter code OWLBUNDL at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE & 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE on ALL Wise Owl Outfitters Products Here's how (restrictions apply)
- SAVE 15% NOW on your total purchase from Wise Owl Outfitters when you purchase ANY 4 of our Products! Enter code 4WISEOWL at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- SAVE 10% NOW on your total purchase from Wise Owl Outfitters when you purchase ANY 3 of our Products! Enter code 3WISEOWL at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- SAVE 5% NOW on your total purchase from Wise Owl Outfitters when you purchase ANY 2 of our Products! Enter code 2WISEOWL at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Edit: I added additional experience to this post in late March: Still love it!! and wanted to add that my college mascot is the owl and they let you bring hammocks. (They also supply a bunch in the spring and fall) I am totally bringing my owl hammock to college!!!