Definitely not going to be my last.
Place: Aqua Modesta
Motto: SHOP MODEST SWIM MODEST
Target Customers: Orthodox Jewish community
The other day, one of my friends was surprised that I love to swim, and when I say I love to swim-- I mean: I LOVE to swim.
But anyone that knows me knows that for faith reasons, I wear a head covering.....
Which creates an issue: wearing a head covering and going swimming dont exactly mix....
Or so I thought!
Fortunately I came across AquaModesta a company from NY that sells modest swimwear and sportwear (a skant!) for girls and ladies. I asked them to send me a swim covering and they were totally happy to do so.
Needless to say: I give this 5 Stars, something you'll want to bring for all your swimming needs!
I totally love it! Its going to be so awesome going swimming as it warms up!
Its this great elasticy/swim-suit material (shown below, lol) and fits nicely over my long-haired bun.
I have the D model which hangs like a veil. It runs $18 online.
You can really wear it at the hair line or a bit farther back, which I plan to do.
1) Wearing it at the hair line is the best for your hair and protects the most UV wise. Its sort of a "sporty" look but I'm a afraid of it being a bit too much of the standard swim-cap "cancer patient" look for me. (You can see what I'm talking about below)
2) A bit farther back is where I wear my normal covering, which is somewhat similar in design (Win!). I use clips to secure it where I like it to sit best, but you wouldnt need them at the hair line... more hair= more friction.
You can see both options in the images here, glasses and no glasses too!
Place: Aqua Modesta
Interested in a swim-suit set? Look at theses pros!
2. It is light and comfortable
3. It dries very quickly
4. It is opaque-not see through even in its lighter colors variation.
5. It is manufactured in the U.S.A.
6. It is fashionable
7. It is SPF rated 50 Plus
8. All designs in the line match coverings